Collecting Personal Information
Automatically Collected Information
For example, through these means, we may automatically collect information such as your browser type, operating system, mobile device type and carrier, Internet service provider (“ISP”), and Internet Protocol (“IP”) address. We may also collect information about your use of and interaction with the Services, including as the webpages viewed, the date and time you visit the websites, the areas or pages of the websites that you visit, the amount of time you spend viewing or using the websites, the number of times you return to the websites, other click-stream or site usage data, whether you open, forward, or click-through links, emails, and ads, and other website usage data. Collecting this information, and linking it with your personal information, for example, helps us to best tailor our websites and enhance your online experience by saving your preferences while you are visiting our Services, and to help identify website features and offers that may be of particular interest to you.
When you view on of our websites using a mobile device, in addition to the other information we may collect from your actions, we may collect your mobile phone number, device identifier, geolocation information, or device type and carrier.
We also may use third party advertisements placed by ad networks to support our Services. Some of these advertisers and ad networks may use technology such as cookies, web beacons, pixel tags, log files, or local shared objects (such as Flash cookies) when they advertise on our websites, which will also send these advertisers and ad networks non-personal information including your IP address, ISP, browser type, and whether you have Flash installed. Some of these advertisers and ad networks also may use anonymous data, such as demographic data, received from third parties to assist in the delivery of advertisements to you. These third-party advertisers and ad networks use the information described above to provide you relevant advertisements based on your online behavior, search activities on our Services and on other third party sites, and demographic information, so that the advertising you see on our Services more closely reflects your interests and needs. For example, if you search for, or browse a product on our Services, you may see an advertisement from a third party with information about, or an offer similar to, that for which you were searching or browsing on our Services, or an offer related to a third party whose site you have visited in the past.
Information You Provide
We collect certain personal information from you when you choose to share it with us. This may include when you make a purchase or sign up for a newsletter or our email lists; participate in a contest, sweepstakes, game, survey, or promotion; request information from us; or otherwise contact us. The personal information we collect may include your name, birth date or age, telephone number, and e-mail address. If you purchase products from Brightworks, we may also request your credit/debit card number or other financial information, along with billing information, so we can fulfill your order or request.
If you use a third party login to create your account (such as Facebook Connect) or otherwise link to us, we may receive certain information about you from the third party (such as a social network) based on your registration and privacy settings on those third party websites. We may combine the information you provide to us with information from and about you that we automatically collect when you visit the Services, from third parties, or other online and offline sources.
The Services are not intended for individuals under the age of 16. We do not intentionally collect Personal Information from children. If you are the parent or guardian and believe your child has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us at the address below to request deletion.
Using Personal Information
We use your personal Information to provide our services to you, which includes: offering products for sale, processing payments, shipping and fulfillment of your order, and keeping you up to date on new products, services, and offers.
We use Shopify as the processor for our online store. You can read more about how Shopify uses and processes your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
We may otherwise use the information we collect from and about you to contact you from time to time, including for any of the following purposes:
- To respond to your comments or questions, or contact you if needed while processing a product requested through our Services;
- To improve our website, products, and services; develop new products or services; and conduct analysis to enhance current products and services;
- To review the usage and operations of our Services and improve our content, products; and services, including contacting you for your opinions on Brightworks products, services, or websites;
- To send you promotional offers, newsletter, materials, and other communications and information about Brightworks, its affiliates. and its partners;
- To provide you with content that is customized to your interests, targeted offers, and advertising on the Services, on third party sites and media platforms, including in social media, or via email;
- To contact you as necessary when you enter a contest, sweepstakes, or game in order to conduct the promotion (for example, to contact you if you’re a winner);
- To contact you when necessary;
- To use your data in an aggregated non-specific format for analytical and demographic purposes;
- To address problems with the Services or our business;
- To manage our telecommunications networks;
- To protect the security or integrity of the Services and our business;
- As otherwise described to you at the point of data collection; and
- To use and disclose your credit/debit card information only to process payments and prevent fraud.
- To comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
Additionally, if you use the Services to connect with third party services you authorize us to use information from and about you, on your behalf, to interact with these third party services based on your requests.
How We Share Your Information
We do not sell or otherwise disclose personal information about our visitors, except as described here. We do not share your personal information with unaffiliated third parties for their own marketing purposes without your consent.
We may share the information we collect from and about you in the following ways:
- Among Brightworks brands and affiliates;
- To our third party service providers we have retained to perform a business, professional or technical support functions for us, including to the extent necessary or desirable to help run promotions, fulfill orders, complete your transaction, or provide customer service (these service providers may have access to personal information about our Services visitors if it is needed to perform their functions for Brightworks, but they are not authorized by Brightworks to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on Brightwork’s behalf or to comply with legal requirements);
- As necessary to investigate or prevent an actual or suspected crime or injury to ourselves or others, as permitted by law;
- To respond to judicial process or provide information to law enforcement authorities, regulatory agencies, or other government officials, or otherwise as required by law; and
- As otherwise described to you at the point of collection.
In addition, we may share your email address with a third-party, such as a media agency, to send you interest-based advertising on our behalf. We may also share aggregated or de-identified information about you, including based on your email address, with our advertising and marketing partners, and third-party media platforms, including social media sites, to allow them to send targeted advertising messages and/or conduct analyses on our behalf. If you You may be able to opt out of these ads by clicking on the unsubscribe option at the bottom of in the email, clicking on an icon in the ad or through the privacy settings in each social media platform. Or please contact us (see Contact Us section, below) if you wish to be removed from our marketing database.
We may conduct joint promotions with other companies. We may share with our promotional partners (and their service providers) certain personal information as necessary to conduct the promotion. We will not share this information with our promotional partners for any other purpose unless you consent to such sharing.
During the normal course of our business, Brightworks may sell or purchase assets. If another entity acquires us or any of our assets, information we have collected about you may be transferred to such entity. In addition, if any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding is brought by or against us, such information may be considered an asset of ours and may be sold or transferred to third parties. Should a sale or transfer occur, we will use reasonable efforts to try to require that the transferee use personal information provided through the Services in a manner that is consistent with this Privacy Notice.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For example:
- We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Services. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://policies.google.com/privacy.You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
You can opt out of the following targeted advertising by clicking below:
- FACEBOOK – https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- GOOGLE – https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- BING – https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: https://optout.aboutads.info/.
A cookie is a small amount of information that’s downloaded to your computer or device when you visit our Services. We use a number of different cookies, including functional, performance, advertising, and social media or content cookies. Cookies make your browsing experience better by allowing a website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login and region selection). This means you don’t have to re-enter this information each time you return to the site or browse from one page to another. Cookies also provide information on how people use the website, for instance whether it’s their first time visiting or if they are a frequent visitor.
BrightWorks uses OneTrust’s Cookie Consent Solution to provide transparency and comply with global laws and frameworks. Learn more here: https://www.onetrust.com/products/cookie-consent/.
The length of time that a cookie remains on your computer or mobile device depends on whether it is a “persistent” or “session” cookie. Session cookies last until you stop browsing and persistent cookies last until they expire or are deleted. Most of the cookies we use are persistent and will expire between 30 minutes and two years from the date they are downloaded to your device.
You can control and manage cookies in various ways. You can turn off cookies for this website my clicking on the manage consent banner at the bottom of your browser window. Please keep in mind that removing or blocking cookies can negatively impact your user experience and parts of our website may no longer be fully accessible.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can choose whether or not to accept cookies through your browser controls, often found in your browser’s “Tools” or “Preferences” menu. For more information on how to modify your browser settings or how to block, manage or filter cookies can be found in your browser’s help file or through such sites as https://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
Additionally, please note that blocking cookies may not completely prevent how we share information with third parties such as our advertising partners. To exercise your rights or opt-out of certain uses of your information by these parties, please follow the instructions in the “Behavioral Advertising” section above.
Do Not Track
Please note that because there is no consistent industry understanding of how to respond to “Do Not Track” signals, we do not alter our data collection and usage practices when we detect such a signal from your browser.
Your Personal Information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or service providers; and by using our Service or by providing consent to us (where required by law), your information may be transferred to countries outside of your country of residence which may provide for different data protection rules than in your country. Appropriate contractual and other measures will be put in place to protect Personal Information when it is transferred to third parties in other countries.
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical, and administrative measures designed to protect Personal Information under our control. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below.
Via this email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By phone: 1-800-815-7168
By writing to us at:
BrightWorks Products, Inc.
738 E. Dundee Rd. #319
Palatine, IL 60074